Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ways to earn/save money

Wanting to have as much money before we have another addition has got me thinking of ways that I can earn /save some more money.

Sewing - I'm plus sizes, so maternity clothes are just about impossible to find, and even so they are SO expensive. I'm hoping to make myself some maxi dresses, yoga pants, maternity tops that will double as breast feeding tops etc. I've also found a tutorial to turn shirts into maternity shirts. As I'm hoping to lose some weight - I figure my current tshirts might work! Figure I don't need a huge wardrobe. I have plenty of fabric here, and I should be able to buy some more at much cheaper cost than it would have been to buy items ready made! I'm also looking at making some baby things - hats, maybe some bibs (though they are so cheap to buy!).

Survey Websites - I used to do these lots, but I keep forgetting. Last night I decided to look through the ones I have signed up to - and ended up redeeming a $20 voucher, and I am probably close to another $50+! Figure these I can do while I'm sitting watching TV etc - and although the return isn't great - I only have to save $150 for hubby to have a week at home with me - so every little bit counts!

Gumtree/eBay - I'm hoping to be organised and go through the kids clothes/toys etc, even my textbooks etc that I no longer need and look at selling these to make a little bit of extra money. I figure that every little bit counts - and even if I can get $1-2 for something - it's better than nothing!

I'm also going to be using Gumtree/eBay to purchase a lot of things - I figure I don't mind if I don't have things new! Would prefer to have money in my pocket!

SAVING money - I'm hoping to do little things - like ensure that I'm cooking from scratch, stopping non-essential purchases etc. Sometimes money just goes so quickly and I have no idea how! Even if I can save $20 a week - that's still going to be $500+ over the time that I'll be saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment