This is our plan for our savings account.
Rounding - when I remember - I go into online banking and round my accounts down to the nearest $5 or $10 (depending on how skint we are!) and transfer the leftover to the savings account. I also round to $0 on the night before payday.
Weekly saving - we have $40 a week that goes into the savings account
Interest - we have a few different savings accounts for many different purposes. Each month, ALL of the interest that we earn on all of the accounts get deposited into the baby savings account
Money tin - we have a money tin that we empty our wallets into the day before payday.
Weight Watchers - I was doing Weight Watchers, but found my group not to be overly supportive and I decided that I could do it on my own. As I was paying $60 a month, I swapped to online only, which is $30 a month, so the extra $30 that I was paying will go to the baby savings account
Austar - we currently have austar, but we find we don't use it all that often. We've decided to get rid of it once the contract is up, and then the $65 that we are paying each month will go onto baby savings.
SchoolKids Bonus - we will get a bonus from the government for the kids - I budget for their schooling expenses so do not NEED this money. So it will go onto savings - we'll get $420 every 6 months.
Start up Scholarship - I'm studying full time and therefore get a scholarship from the government. It's $1025 each 6 months. This money will go onto the baby savings.
If everything goes to plan, we're going to have at least $6,000. I'm also hoping to put things in like our tax return, any unexpected windfalls. I'm also hoping to look at selling things on ebay/gumtree and popping the money from that in our money tin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment